Designers and Educators have worked together to come up with designs that, arguably, ‘work’. But how do we get teachers to utilise them to their full potential? This workshop examines past approaches to explore how future success might be achieved. In this workshop, Chris will visit the difficulties of measuring ‘teacher mindsets’, measuring ‘effective’ use of the affordances of space, and how changes can be implemented across a wide educational audience.
This workshop will give the delegates hands on experience with the world’s most effective and widely used online tutorial homework and assessment system for science and engineering subjects.
Learning outcomes will be:
How will you benefit?
- Understand how the system can be used as part of blended learning
- Experience how the system can be used to improve student learning
- Experience how student progress can be tracked
- Experience how learning analytics can be used in an active classroom
- Discover how you can benefit from the system in the design of pedagogies
- Become equipped with the right skills to set up, utilise and maintain effective use of the system
- Understand how to shift culture and ‘teacher mindsets’ to embrace change and thus improve staff and student engagement and learning outcomes